Thursday, July 19, 2007
I am mostly frustrated with the whole thing. I had everything planed, work, vacation, having someone here. Now I have to do this all over. There are some good points but right now they are a little hard to see.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Well I did not finish clue 2 before clue three came out but I did not do to bad. This is at line 139. There is a row that I goofed a little. Can you see it? I am likening the pattern. I do most defiantly have to pay attention when I knit.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Well it is Monday. I called the Dr.'s office where I am getting the surgery to find out how the insurance was going. They did not have the right address for the pre-determination. So I spent 2 hours on the phone getting it. The insurance company says that they normally take 30 days to go over these things. Ummm my surgery is scheduled for 2 weeks from today. So I am a little nervous. Especially because the insurance only takes this if it is mailed in. So I do not know what is going to happen.
I can not have it latter this summer because I have to go to a school in Aug for a week and another school in Sept for a few days. I called my Mom and she calmed me down. She said that if it can not be done tis summer I can have it done the 17 of Dec because she has 3 weeks off and can come out then. This has its good points. So now I will be doing things as if it will be aproved in time but I will not stress near as much.
I promise that m next post will have knitting pics.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Make a grocery list
Clean House, this one is very important and I have alot to do. I am a clutter.
Figure out what all I am feeding people.
make a list of the tings for my Dad to fix around the house. I any have him for a week so it can not be that long.
clean out at least 1 drawer in my dresser for my Mom, she will be here for close to 4 weeks.
Friday, July 06, 2007
- What are your foot measurements? (Please give shoe size, length and circumference.)
I wear size 9 ½ shoe. My foot length is 10 inches, foot circumference is 8 ½ inches. I also have high arches.
- How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.)
I started knitting in March of 2006, I think that my experience is in the intermediate range.
- What is your favorite color?
Blues, Purple, Greens, jewel tones.
- Your least favorite color?
Bright neon yellows and oranges
- Do you have a favorite fiber?
Anything as long as it is superwash
- Do you have any allergies to certain fibers?
- Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? (If so, provide the link.)
Yes, this is a book list, mostly of books that have not come out yet. I use it as a reminder.
- What techniques, if any, would you like to learn?
Not so much learn but I would like to get better at Cabling and lace work.
- Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, I like chocolate but do not mail any right now. It will just melt. I also like jelly beans, hard candy, black licorice. Cookies as good to, I like them cruncy.
- What are your favorite snacks?
This time of year it is fresh fruit or veggies. I go to the farmers market on Sat.
- What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets...etc.)
Only my brother.
- Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood?
I use most of the time Knit picks circulars. They are pointy.
- Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit?
- Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try?
Something by Cookie A.
- Do you like to read? What are you reading currently?
I read all the time. I am one of those people who have to read before I go to bed. Right now I reading Old Man’s War by John Scalzi, and listening to Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce.
- Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.) What kind of music do you listen to?
I have an Ipod. I listen to all different kinds of music, county, pop, bluegrass, Celtic. It really depends on my mood. I also listen to lots of books on my Ipod. I use audible.
- Is there anything you collect?
Clutter, not what you thinking of I am sure. Books really. I have 7 bookcases mostly full. It is not a family room it is a gaming/library.
- What are your hobbies, aside from knitting?
- Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs?
I am in mystery stole 3 and sockapalooza. I am almost done with the sockapalooza socks.
- Do you have a favorite scent?
Fruity or foody. I do not care for floral sents.
- When is your birthday? (You don't have to add the year if you don't want to, LOL
It is in Jan.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Mystery Stole 3
I am right now on row 83. It is going pretty good. I have found that knitting with charts is not a good idea if I am tired. I kept having to tink back. I am using 2 different bead colors. A lilac bead for the body beads, and a peacock color bead for the edging. You have until the 9th to sign up for it. Coloring the chart helps.
I am not starting to clean for my parents visit. I can not afford to have professionals do it this time. So now I have to do it, sniff sniff cry cry. They will be here late the 15th. I am planing on cooking the turkey that I have in the freezer with all the fixings. This way I have left overs for the rest of the week. Less cooking to plan for. The State Fair starts when they are here so I think that they might go. It will most likely depend on the weather.
The last one was about knitting with pencil roving. It was very cool! The net time I when to the LYS I had to find some. I found some rainbow color roving. I think that I will use it in a double strand felted bag pattern.
It is getting warmer and I do not have AC so it was warm inside by 1pm.